Google is a massive company that gave us the Google search engine, Google Phones, Google Play Store, and Google Pay. In this blog post, I will tell you everything you need to know about Google Pay.
What Is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a useful app that gives you the ability to use your phone to make purchases in online stores, physical stores and in apps.
Google Pay can also be used to send and receive money from your family and friends. In 2018 Google Wallet and Android Pay merged and became Google Pay. This is Google’s alternative to Apple Pay.
Why Should You Use Google Pay?
You should use Google Pay because it’s fast, secure, and extremely user-friendly. Google Pay makes it easy to pay on websites, in stores, and in apps.
When you use Google Pay you will not have to worry about losing your credit card rewards because you will get the same rewards with Google Pay as you would if you paid with your credit card the old fashioned way bohatala.com
With Google Pay, you will also have the ability to save your loyalty cards, tickets, and gift cards.
Google Pay provides an extremely convenient way for you to pay for your goods and services, that’s why you should use it.
Setting Up Google pay:
Setting up Google Pay is easy, it will only take you a few minutes, follow the steps below:
- If you don’t have the Google Pay app on your phone, you should go to the Google Play Store and download it.
- Launch the Google Pay app and you will be prompted for the camera to scan your debit card/credit card so you will not have to manually enter the info. After doing this, Google will verify you either by email or SMS authentication.
- Then you’re done, you can start using Google Pay immediately to make purchases.
How Does Google Pay Work In Stores?
To use Google Pay in stores you should follow the steps below:
- Find the contactless payment symbol or Google Pay symbol at the contactless payment terminal it should be near the checkout area.
- Unlock your phone.
- Hold the back panel of your phone close to the payment terminal for a few seconds. Wait until you see a checkmark on your phone’s display screen.
- Then you’re done, but sometimes you may be required to sign a receipt or enter your PIN depending on the amount of the transaction.
How Does Google Pay Work On Websites?
To use Google Pay on supported websites, follow the steps below:
- Google Pay can be used in any web browser.
- On a supported web site, when you’re at the checkout, look for the Google Pay purchase button.
- You may be asked to enter your shipping address before confirming your order or to pick a payment method.
- You can get more info about this on Google’s website.
When you’re finished, you may see a box at the checkout that says “Use selected info for future purchases from this site,” check this box to use Google Pay and you should set it as your default payment method.
When you go back to that site to buy something in the future, choose what you would like to buy, then go to checkout and confirm that you would like to use Google Pay.
After doing this, all of your Google Pay information will be auto-filled, how convenient.
How Does Google Pay Work In Apps?
To make in-app purchases with Google Pay, follow the steps below:
- When you’re using a supported app, such as Amazon or eBay.
- When you’re ready to make the purchase, look for the Buy with Google Pay button or you may also see one of the older buttons that say Google Wallet or Android Pay.
- Press the Google Pay button.
- Then you may be asked to enter your shipping address or pick a payment method before you confirm your order.
- You can get more info on Google’s website.
In Android apps, there’s a “Buy with Google Pay” button, this gives you the ability to quickly pay by tapping a button.
So you will not have to manually enter your shipping address and credit card info every time you purchase something.
What Phones Are Compatible With Google Pay?
Google Pay is compatible with all Android phones that are running KitKat 4.4 or newer and these phones must have NFC turned on to be able to make contactless payments.
Most of the newer Android phones come with NFC turned on by default, however, if NFC is off on your phone, you should turn it on.
Google Pay is also available on iPhones running iOS 10 or newer.
What Countries Are Google Pay Supported In?
Google Pay is supported in the U.S. as well as a number of other countries around the globe, take a look at the list of countries below:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
From time to time, new countries are added, so you can check the most recent list of banks that are supported for each country.
Google Pay is also supported in India, however, it works in a different manner in India in comparison to the way it works everywhere else. Click here for more info about using Google Pay in India.
Is Google Pay Secure?
Yes, Google Pay is extremely secure because it does not share private information on your card.
When you make a purchase with Google Pay the merchant will receive a unique encrypted 16-digit number instead of your credit card info.
However, if you ever lose your phone, Google suggests that you should use Find My Device to find and erase everything on your phone to keep your private information safe.
If you have any comments or questions about any of this information, please feel free to share them in the comment section below.