In this blog post, I will explain how to cool your phone down and I will tell you why an overheating phone is bad. While using our phones they have a tendency to heat up from time to time.
If you’re located in a place that has warm temperatures and you’re using your phone outdoors, there’s potential for your phone to heat up.
The sun and extreme heat are dangerous to the human body if one does not take precaution, the same thing goes for your phone.
Why Does Your Phone Get Hot?
- Too many apps running in the background
- Using your phone for an extended period of time
The internal temperature of your phone varies based on the temperature of its environment.
When your phone gets extremely hot it may experience problems such as forced shutdown, battery drainage, and in the worst-case scenario, it has the potential to ignite.
Many people remember the exploding Samsung Galaxy Note 7 which Samsung was forced to recall due to the fact that it couldn’t fix the problem.
If your phone automatically shuts down as a result of overheating, there’s a possibility that it may not restart.
There are a number of reasons why your phone can overheat that’s unrelated to extreme temperatures and I will tell you what they are.
If you have several apps running in the background, this has the potential to consume lots of your phone’s resources while heating up the phone in the process.
If you’re constantly using your phone or if you use it for an extended period of time, these things may also cause your phone to heat up.
If you leave the phone on the charger longer than it needs to be charged, this will result in overcharging which causes the phone to heat up.
Here Are Some Tips To Prevent Your Phone From Overheating:
- Terminate apps that are running in the background. If you have unused apps running in the background, this will force your phone to work harder which will result in the phone heating up. If you have an Android phone you can follow these directions. For an iPhone, you must double press the home button and swipe the apps away.
- Remove your phone case. If your phone is overheating your phone case will make it worse. Removing the phone case will allow it to cool down faster.
- Do not leave your phone in direct sunlight. Leaving your phone in direct sunlight will result in the phone overheating and it may damage the phone. So it’s extremely important to keep your phone out of direct sunlight.
- Turn on Airplane Mode. Switching to Airplane Mode gives you the ability to use the basic functions of your phone. However, your phone’s connection to your cellular network will be suspended, so you will not be able to make or receive calls or notifications.
- Do not maximize the brightness of your display screen. Maximizing the brightness on your display screen will require more power which will result in the phone heating up.
How To Cool Your Phone Down:
If you’ve been using your phone and it’s hot, here are some simple things you can do to cool it down.
- Uninstalling unused apps. If your phone is constantly overheating, you should consider uninstalling some of the apps that you do not use, doing this will make the phone work more efficiently.
- Separate your phone from your other devices. Putting your running phone, laptop computer, and tablet into a bag will increase the chances of these devices overheating, so you should keep them separated at all times.
- Keep your apps up to date. App updates allow your phone to run more efficiently and they also fix bugs.
- Avoid extreme temperatures. You must avoid extreme temperatures at all costs, extreme heat is bad, extreme cold is also bad because it will result in the phone collecting moisture which can cause serious problems.
Should You Be Concerned If Your Phone Is Overheating?
You should be concerned if your phone is overheating because this makes the phone battery vent its organic solvents.
This has the potential to ignite if there is too much heat, this is what happened with the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 which forced Samsung to recall this phone shortly after it was released.
Now you know why an overheating phone is bad and how to stop your phone from overheating.
If you have any comments or questions about any of this information, please feel free to share them in the comment section below.