If you’re a new iPhone user, you may not be familiar with Apple Pay so I will thoroughly explain everything you need to know about it.
All you have to do is place the back panel of the iPhone (the area where the cameras are located) near the NFC card terminal to make the payment.
However, before you do this, you must set up Apple Pay on your iPhone. This is a simple process, it will only take you a few minutes to complete it.
How To Set Up Wallet On Your iPhone:
Before you can start using Apple Pay, you must add a credit/debit card to Wallet on your iPhone, follow the simple steps below to do this:
- Open Wallet
- Tap Add Credit or Debit Card.
- You can manually enter the details of your card or scan your card with the camera.
- Tap Next, then the card will be verified by your bank, when that’s done.
- Tap Next
Upon completing these steps you will be able to use Apple Pay. Some banks will give you the ability to sign up for Apple Pay, through the bank’s app.
That process is very similar to signing up via Wallet, you can check your bank’s website for more details if you prefer to do it this way.
At the moment, Apple Pay gives you the ability to add up to eight cards to your account. So you can add multiple cards if you prefer to do so.
How To Use Apple Pay In Stores:
- Hold the back panel of your iPhone (the area where the cameras are located) close to the contactless card reader in the terminal.
- You will be prompted to confirm your purchase via Face ID, Touch ID, or your PIN.
- Then Apple Pay should open on your phone, if it doesn’t open double-tap your power button to manually open it.
How To Use A Different Card In Apple Pay:
If you have multiple cards and you would like to use a different card follow the simple steps below:
- Double-tap the power button to open the Apple Pay app.
- Tap your default card.
- Choose a different card.
Using Apple Pay Online:
Whether you would like to make a purchase in Safari or in an app, using Apple Pay online is just as easy, follow the simple steps below:
- Tap the “Buy with Apple Pay” button at the checkout.
- Review the payment details.
- Put your finger on the Touch ID sensor to confirm the payment.
Using Apple Pay In iMessage:
If you have a relatively new iPhone, you have the ability to send payments via iMessage. Follow the simple steps below to do this:
- Tap the “A” symbol located to the left of the text box in your conversation.
- Tap the Apple Pay icon.
- Enter the amount of money that you would like to send.
- Approve the payment via Touch ID or Face ID.
Upon doing this your contact will instantly receive the money that you sent.
Using Apple Pay With Apple Watch:
Apple Pay can also be used with the Apple Watch, follow the simple steps below to set it up:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app
- Tap My Watch
- Tap Wallet & Apple Pay
- Add a Credit or Debit Card
- Tap Next
- Enter the info for your card
- Tap Next
After the Apple Watch has been set up to use Apple Pay, paying with the Apple Watch is easy, follow the steps below to do this:
- On your Apple Watch, double-tap the button on the side.
- Hold the face of the Apple Watch to the card reader.
- When you hear a tone and you feel a small vibration that means that the transaction has been completed.
Now You Know About Apple Pay:
If you have any comments or questions about any of this information. Or if you would like to share your experience with Apple Pay, please feel free to do so in the comment section below.