Would you like to know how to track an iPhone? Maybe you lost your iPhone and you would like to find it.
Maybe you need to find someone else’s iPhone. Maybe you need to keep an eye on your kid/kids when they are not in your presence.
In this blog post, I will tell you how you can track an iPhone. I will also tell you how you can secretly gain remote access to an iPhone and monitor it.
This is a great way to keep an eye on someone who works for you, your significant other, or your kid.
Regardless of the reason, I will tell you a few different methods you can use to track an iPhone.
In certain situations, it’s perfectly legal to spy on someone’s cell phone. While there are other situations where it’s not legal.
How To Track iPhones With An App:
There are apps you can use that will give you the ability to track an iPhone and monitor it remotely.
There are apps such as mSpy, FlexiSPY, and Highster Mobile that you can use to track an iPhone and monitor it remotely.
There are pros and cons to using these types of apps and I will tell you what they are.
Pros Of Using An App To Track An iPhone:
- The only way to remotely monitor a phone is by using an app.
- You can monitor phone calls, text messages, social media activity and more.
- You can prevent the phone from accessing certain websites.
- Using an app gives you a great deal of control over the phone.
Cons Of Using An App To Track An iPhone:
- These apps cost money, the more features you want the more money it will cost you.
- You must have physical access to the phone to install the app.
The pros outweigh the cons and these apps have lots of different features and functionalities. They also work on Android phones.
If you would like to know more about these apps and all the different features and functionalities that they offer you can refer to this article Spying Apps For Android And iOS.
If you would like to track an iPhone without using an app there are some other methods you can use.
Tracking An iPhone Without An App:
If you misplaced your iPhone you can locate it via your iCloud dashboard. If you have a Mac computer, iPod or iPad you can follow the steps below to locate your iPhone.
- You must sign in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID and your password.
- When your dashboard appears on the display screen, click the “Find My iPhone” icon.
- Select “My Devices” to open it. Choose the one you want to find.
- An interactive map will appear showing you the exact location of your iPhone.
There are more features you can use to help you to find your iPhone and to protect your data.
- You can enable the Lost Mode feature which will lock your iPhone and it will start flashing a custom message on the display screen.
- You can enable the Play Sound feature which will enable you to set an alarm for 2 minutes at full volume to allow someone to find your iPhone and keep it for you.
- If you believe that your iPhone was stolen. You can use the Erase Data feature which will delete all your personal information that has been stored on the iPhone to protect your privacy.
Tracking An iPhone By Phone Number:
It is possible to track an iPhone by phone number. However, if your iPhone was stolen, there’s a strong possibility that the person will replace your sim card with a different one.
If this happens, your phone number will no longer be available and your chances of finding your iPhone by phone number will be extremely low.
There are people who claim that they can track an iPhone by phone number. However, they only have the ability to tell you the last place your iPhone was.
Tracking An iPhone Using Google’s Timeline:
Every iPhone keeps a log of the iPhone location history which will show you where the iPhone has been every day on a map.
You can read this article to learn more about this process. Apple and Google stores users’ location history this was implemented to be used in the event of an emergency.
If you have this feature turned on and your iPhone is connected to the internet. Google will update the location of your iPhone on their server in real-time.
As a result of this, you will be able to find the exact location of your iPhone by visiting google.com and enabling this feature.
To Track An iPhone Via Google’s Timeline You Should Do The Following:
- Click on this link to go to Google’s Timeline. Click on Today or choose the current date on the panel at the top of the page.
- Then scroll down the location history and select the latest update at the bottom of the list.
- If your iPhone’s location has been the same for the previous updates. You should go to that location to get your iPhone.
- If the location of your iPhone has been changing. There’s a good chance that it was stolen, you should report it to the police and take the appropriate steps to protect your private data.
How To Secure Your Private Data On An iPhone:
Here are a few different things you can do to secure the private data on your iPhone.
- Tell the police your iPhone’s serial number. So you will not be responsible if your iPhone is used for illegal activities.
- Change the password to your Apple ID.
- Change the passwords to your social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc…
- Contact your service provider to let them know that your iPhone is lost or stolen and tell them that you would like to terminate your account.
Now you know everything there is to know about tracking iPhones so choose the method that you prefer and follow the appropriate steps and you will be on your way.
If you have any comments or questions about any of this information, please feel free to leave them in the comment section below.