Would you like to learn how to stop your phone from being tracked? If you answered yes to that question you should know that there are some simple steps you can follow to prevent someone from tracking your phone.
We’re all familiar with the capabilities of a modern-day cell phone. However, one of the major drawbacks of having a cell phone is the fact that it allows other people to track you.
How To Stop Your Phone From Being Tracked:
We’re all entitled to our privacy but location technology on cell phones is a double-edged sword because it can be extremely useful when giving you directions on how to get to a specific location.
Or if you’re lost in the event of an emergency and you call 911 the first responders will be able to track you down and find you via the location technology if it’s turned on.
However, it provides an easy way for someone to illegally track you down. In this brief blog post, I will tell you exactly what you need to do to prevent someone from tracking your cell phone.
A GPS Tracking Locator:
This method of tracking uses the GPS radio on your phone to determine your exact location via a GPS tracking locator. To prevent someone from doing this you must disable the GPS radio on your phone.
The method of doing this may vary from one phone to another because some phones have Location as a stand-alone setting, while others have it within the menu.
Never the less, whether you have an Android phone or an iPhone, you have the ability to block GPS tracking.
How To Block GPS Tracking On An Android Phone:
- Open the App Drawer and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Location.
- Scroll down and tap Google Location Settings.
- Tap Location Reporting and Location History, and turn the slider off for each one.
How To Block GPS Tracking On An iPhone:
- Open the Settings App.
- Scroll down to Privacy, select Location Services.
- Disable all the Location Services by swiping the slider at the top, or scroll down to disable location services for specific apps, including Google and Google Maps.
- Select System Services to deny location data from specific features, such as location-based advertisements, disable the “Popular Near Me” feature or turn off Frequent Locations.
In recent years the cell phone has transitioned from a luxury item to a necessity. There aren’t too many people who live in the U.S. today who do not own a cell phone.
If you own a cell phone you should know how to turn off GPS tracking to protect your privacy.