On this page, I will list an easy step by step guide you can follow on how to restore an iPhone from a backup on iCloud and iTunes.
How To Restore An iPhone From A Backup On iCloud:
1.Turn on your iPhone, you will see a Hello screen shortly after. If your iPhone has already been set up you will have to erase all the data on the iPhone before you can proceed to restore it from the backup.
2. You must follow the steps onscreen until you see the Apps & Data screen. Then you should tap Restore from iCloud Backup.
3. Sign in to your iCloud account with your Apple ID.
4. Select a backup. Take a look at the date and size of each file and select the most relevant one. After you have made your selection the transfer will start. If you are prompted with a message that says a newer version of iOS is required, you should follow the onscreen steps to update. However, if you do not see the onscreen steps to update then you should refer to the information on this page for further assistance.
5. You will be asked to sign in to your Apple ID account to restore your apps and purchases. If you have purchased App Store content or iTunes using different Apple IDs, you will be asked to sign into each. But if you cannot remember your password you can select Skip this Step to sign in at a later time.
6. A progress bar will appear and you must wait for it to complete. The amount of time you have to wait will vary depending on the network speed and the size of the backup. The process may be completed within a few minutes or it may take up to an hour. If you disconnect your Wi-Fi connection too soon, the progress bar will stop and it will resume when you reconnect.
7. Now you can complete the setup process and enjoy your iPhone. Your personal data such as photos, music, apps, and other information will continue to be restored in the background for the next few hours/days depending on the amount of information that is being backed up. If you have a large backup file you should try to connect to Wi-Fi often to allow the process to complete.
Get additional help restoring your iPhone from your iCloud backup.
How To Restore Your iPhone From An iTunes Backup:
- Open iTunes on the PC or Mac that you used to back up your iPhone.
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer with a USB cable. If you are prompted for your passcode or to Trust This Computer, follow the steps onscreen. If you don’t remember your passcode you can get additional help here.
4. Choose Restore Backup in iTunes. If you are prompted with a message that says your iPhone’s software is too old, you should follow these steps.
5. Look at the size and the date of every backup and choose the most relevant one.
6. Click Restore, then wait for the restore time to finish. If prompted, you should enter your password for the encrypted backup.
7. Keep your iPhone connected after it restarts then wait for it to sync with your computer. After the sync has been completed you can disconnect your iPhone.
Get additional help restoring your iPhone from an iTunes backup.
If you have any comments or questions about any of this information please feel free to leave them in the comment section below.