If you have apps on your Android phone that you would like to hide from your kids or significant other. There are a few different ways in which you can do this. In this blog post, I will teach you how to hide apps on Android.
Within the past few years, we have had some great Android phones from a number of different Android manufacturers.
As a result of this, there are currently billions of people who own Android phones. Thus the reason there are more apps available for Android than there are for any other platform.
Most Android users have a tendency to download additional apps to their phones. This adds additional features and functionalities to the phone while enhancing the user experience.
This is great, however, there may be certain apps that you have installed on your phone that you would not like anyone else to know about.
As I stated earlier, I will teach you how to hide apps on your Android phone. I have listed several methods for hiding apps on this page, so you can choose your favorite method.
How To Hide Apps On Android:
This is an easy method you can use and you will not have to root your Android phone. Or use an app that will only work on rooted Android phones.
For this method, you must install an app on your phone. You should follow the directions below to learn the necessary steps to accomplish this task.
Use Apex Launcher To Hide Apps On Android:
- You must download and install the Apex Launcher to your Android phone. The Apex Launcher will make it easy for you to hide apps on your Android phone.
2. After the installation has been completed, you must launch the app on your phone then the launcher will get set to your phone.
3. Now you have to navigate to Drawer Settings > Hidden apps and tap it.
3. Then you will see a list of all the apps that are currently installed on your phone. You must select the apps that you would like to hide on your phone then tap save.
After you have completed these steps, those apps will no longer be visible in the Android app drawer.
When you would like to access these apps, you can do so by using the Google Search of your Android phone.
Use A Built-In Feature On Android 5.0+
In more recent versions of Android such as Lollipop, Marshmallow, Pie, etc. There is a built-in feature that gives you the ability to easily hide apps (protect apps). You can do this by following the steps below:
- You must go to Settings.
2. Then scroll down and tap on Advanced Features.
3. Go to Lock and mask apps.
4. Click on the button to turn the feature on.
5. Now you must draw a pattern, enter a pin, or a password to hide the apps when you lock them. Choose something that you can remember and enter it.
6. Then your phone will list all the apps that are currently installed on your phone. You must tap on the apps that you would like to hide on your phone.
7. Now tap Done to complete the process and the apps will be hidden on your phone. Then you must enable the Protected Apps option which will prompt you for the saved pattern lock.
Use Parallel Space App To Hide Apps On Android:
This is another great method for hiding apps that you may be interested in trying.
- You must download and install the Parallel Space app on your Android phone.
2. After the app has been downloaded you must install it on your phone.
3. After the installation has been completed you must run the Parallel Space app on your phone and click on the incognito installation option.
4. Then you must search for the app that you would like to install and hide.
5. The Google Play Store will open and you will see the app there. You must download it and install it from there.
6. Now you must click on the Uninstall option when you are prompted in the app. After completing these steps you will have installed the app in Parallel Space and it can only be accessed via this app and it will be hidden everywhere else on your phone.
Use Hide App-Hide Application Icon:
Your phone must be rooted to do this. If your phone isn’t rooted as yet you can follow this guide on how to root your Android phone.
After your phone has been rooted you must download and install Hide App-Hide Application Icon. After the installation has been completed you must launch it on your phone. Then tap + button to see all the apps that are currently installed on your phone.
Then select the apps that you would like to hide on your phone then click on the save option.
After completing these steps your apps will be hidden, and you can unhide them at a later time by using the same app.
Some Additional Apps For Hiding That You Can Use:
There are quite a few Android privacy apps available on the Google Play Store that give users the ability to hide apps on their phones.
These apps can hide the icon of any installed apps that you may have on your phone.
These apps also give users the ability to set up a PIN pattern lock to protect the hidden apps.
App Lock is another good app that you can use to hide the apps on your phone. The great thing about App Lock is that it has the ability to hide more than just apps.
With this app, you can hide contacts, browsers, photos, call logs and more. You will have the ability to protect this info via a PIN or Pattern lock.
This is one of the most comprehensive apps that you can use to hide personal data on your phone.
Hide Apps And Lock Apps:
Hide Apps And Lock Apps is another good app that you can use to hide and lock apps on your phone.
This app gives you the ability to hide apps but it also gives you the ability to lock apps if you don’t want to hide them.
This app will work well on your Android phone whether or not it has been rooted. Hide Apps And Lock Apps is optimized while it’s running in the background so it will not use up too much of your phone’s resources.
Calculator Vault is another app you can use to hide apps and other files on your phone. Calculator Vault gives you the ability to hide any app on your phone inside a calculator app.
This means that you will have to open the calculator app to gain access to the hidden data. This app also gives you the ability to hide photos and it can also import photos from your photo gallery.
App Hider is very similar to the Calculator Vault app that’s listed above. App Hider is another app that gives you the ability to hide apps in a calculator.
You can hide almost all the apps installed on your phone in App Hider. App Hider also has additional features such as cloning apps, photos, video vault and more.
The steps listed above will vary slightly from one Android phone to another but the concept is still the same.
So if the steps listed above are different for your phone, you should be able to figure it out.
Now you know how to hide apps on Android there are quite a few different apps and methods you can use to accomplish this task.
Choose the one that you believe is best for you and follow the necessary steps and you will be on your way.