Smartphones are great gadgets that can bring many advantages to the table when it comes to their abilities. However, they can also bring unwanted communication from people who just won’t leave you alone. Learning how to block a phone number on iPhone and Android is not necessarily as easy as it should be, but it is something that you can learn to do in order to protect yourself from annoying or potentially dangerous phone calls and texts that you may receive.
As you can probably imagine there are several ways in which you can block a phone number from contacting you.
General Ways To Block A Phone Number:
The first way to make sure that you don’t get unwanted phone calls is to make sure that your number is added to the National Do Not Call Registry.
This is a nationally recognized online agency that you can trust and sign up with in order to make sure the telemarketers and other solicitors can’t reach you through your smartphone.
This is a traditional and “old fashioned” way to block a phone number, but it definitely has its perks.
If you’re looking for something more modern and app-based, why not try downloading an app that is designed to protect your phone from soliciting phone calls as they head towards your number?
There are a series of apps that will recognize telemarketing phone calls through the use of bots, and will automatically take care of them before you answer.
This is great if you’re doing something important and you would prefer not to be bothered. Or if you’re driving and unable to answer the phone.
You can also skip the lists and the apps and just learn how to properly block a phone number specific to your kind of smartphone.
Both iPhones and Androids offer you unique ways to block a phone number. It makes no difference whether or not you employ any of the options listed above.
You’ll want to make sure that you also know how to manually block phone numbers from contacting you again if something happens to slip through.
How To Block A Phone Number On An iPhone:
If you’re using an iPhone, you’ll realize that you can block a contact in a number of different ways. This is great if you’re feeling flustered after an annoying phone call or text and need to block the number immediately.
- Start from the settings: The best way to block a number before it becomes a problem is to start within the Settings application on your phone. Go to “Phone”, and then scroll down to “Blocking and Identification”. You can then manually scroll through your contacts list and tap “Block this Caller” for anyone that you don’t want to be able to contact you. This is a great way to initially set up your phone or adapt an old contacts list.
- Start from the text thread: If you specifically get an upsetting or annoying text that you’d rather not see in the future, you can do it directly from the thread that you’re in. At the top of the screen on the right side, click the “i” symbol and then, on the “Details” screen, tap the arrow to the far right. From there you’ll see the available contact information and you can choose “Block this Caller”. From there, you can just delete the thread and that phone number won’t be able to contact you again.
- Start from the call log: If you get a telemarketing phone call or some type of scam phone call. The process to block the number is similar to the text thread. Directly on the “Recents” page within the page, you can tap on the “i” symbol again, and you’ll find yourself directly on the contact page. From there, just select the “Block this Caller” and delete the call log if you want to. The number will be unable to contact you again.
It’s important to note that when you block someone with an iPhone, they won’t be able to contact you at all on your Apple devices.
This includes FaceTime, text, iMessage or old fashioned phone calls. When a number is blocked, it is blocked from contacting you across all platforms and avenues.
You also have the option of unblocking a number by revisiting the “Blocking and Identification” page, if you change your mind in the future.
How To Block A Phone Number On Android:
Since the Android platform hosts a number of different smartphones from different manufacturers. Blocking phone calls on each device may be a little different. Here are some of the easiest ways per phone type to be able to block an annoying phone number.
- Use “Auto Reject” for a specific phone number on Samsung phones: For standard Samsung phones, you can block numbers from the “Phone” app. You would select the number that you don’t want to contact you, hit the “More” button at the top of the screen on the right side, and then add the number to the Auto Reject list. You won’t get any more phone calls from this number, as it will automatically be pushed away.
- Use “Reject Calls” for an LG phone: With LG phones, it’s very much the same. Starting from the “Phone” app, use the three dots in the upper right corner, go to “Call Settings” and then “Reject Calls”. From there, you can use the “+” button to add direct phone numbers to this list that won’t be able to contact you.
- Tap and hold unwanted numbers on Huawei phones: Then you can simply go to the “Phone” app, press and hold the unwanted phone number. Then you can select “Block Contact” on the upcoming menu, and then “Ok” to confirm it. It’s an easy process.
Learning the different ways of how to block a phone number doesn’t have to be stressful or annoying.
It just means understanding the different ways that your smartphone can function in order to protect you from the unwanted phone calls or texts that you are receiving.
You can stay in control of your phone if you know the proper tools to get you there. Now you know how to block a number on iPhone and Android.
Now You Know How To Block A Phone Number On iPhone & Android:
Now you know how to block a phone number on iPhone and Android. If you have any comments or questions about this information. Please feel free to share them in the comment section below.