If you spend lots of time using your cell phone, implementing these maintenance tips will help your cell phone to work more efficiently.
You may be familiar with some of these tips but hopefully, you learn a few new things that you didn’t know before.
Cell Phone Maintenance Tips:
How To Take Care Of Your Cell Phone:
1. Streaming video consumes lots of data. If your monthly data allotment isn’t very high, you must be cautious about the amount of time you spend streaming videos online.
If you enjoy playing connected games online or streaming music, these things will rapidly consume your data. You should try to avoid using your phone’s data connection when doing these things, you should opt for the Wi-Fi connection if it’s available.
2. Phones do not have optical zoom lenses. Point and shoot cameras have optical zoom lenses, but phones do not. The focal length on a phone is fixed, so there’s no optical zoom, a phone relies on digital zoom in to get a closer photo.
With digital zoom, the pixels become larger as you zoom in which reduces the image quality. When taking photos with a phone it’s better to move closer to the subject rather than relying on the digital zoom, the picture quality will be better.
3. Weak network signals are bad for your battery. If you leave your phone in a place where you have a weak network signal or no signal at all. It can completely drain your battery within a few hours, even if you don’t use the phone.
You should try to avoid putting your phone in a briefcase, a drawer, a locker or anywhere else that would make it difficult for the phone to get a strong signal.
4. Restarting your cell phone is good. If you spend lots of time on your phone, sending emails, texting, using Twitter, Facebook, and a host of other apps. These things consume lots of memory in your phone, you should restart your phone a few times every week.
Restarting your phone will prolong the battery life, retain memory, prevent crashes, get rid of anything that may be draining your battery, and clear open apps and memory leaks.
5. Avoid using screen protectors. A screen protector is a double-edged sword. Screen protectors are great because they reduce glare and they provide an extra layer of protection for the display screen.
If you accidentally drop the phone and the display screen hits a hard surface the screen protector may break. However, the display screen may be fine because of the screen protector.
However, screen protectors also make the display screen less responsive and harder to see in certain situations.
6. You should clean your phone regularly. To clean your phone you should use a mixture of 60% water and 40% rubbing alcohol.
Use a lint-free cloth, microfiber cloth or cotton square (no paper towels) lightly dampen the corners of the cloth with the solution. Then gently wipe your phone with the cloth to kill all the germs and bacteria on the phone.
7. Avoid extreme temperatures. You must avoid exposing your phone to extreme temperature and from extreme temperature change.
Going from cold to hot or vice versa is extremely bad for your phone because it creates condensation which can damage the phone.
Now You Know Some Great Cell Phone Maintenance Tips:
This concludes my list of cell phone maintenance tips. If you have any additional cell phone maintenance tips that you would like to share.
Or if you have any comments or questions please feel free to share them in the comment section below.