Video editing apps can be really useful for cropping, trimming, merging, and editing your video files. But many free editors come with many features and applications.
As a result of this, selecting one from the many video editing apps can be difficult. Here is a guide that shows the 7 best video editing apps you should try in 2022.
Here Are The Best Free Video Editing Apps You Must Try In 2022
Regardless of the level of skill, PowerDirector is a video editing software that editors should be able to use.
Amateur editors will appreciate the user-friendliness and ease of use of this video production suite without sacrificing the advanced tools enjoyed by professionals and prosumers.
Programs like this are adjustable to fit the skill level of the user. Photos and videos can be transformed into impressive outputs with tools like Express project, action camera tools, and 360-degree footage.
Users may also appreciate the Magic Movie Wizard, content aware and multicam editing, as well as encoding and exporting.
- Fast and error-free rendering
- The plug-in includes premium effects and plugins
- It is very easy to use the interface
- Features 4K and HEVC/H.265 support
- Shutterstock and iStock Getty Images provide access to millions of stock videos and photos
- Frequently, new features are added and updated
- 360 videos can be edited within the platform just like standard videos
- Using customized hotkeys will help you edit faster
- It has many effects, but most of them aren’t up to professional or commercial standards
- There are many advanced editing tools that aren’t as flexible as some of its competitors
- There aren’t as many color correction tools as others
- There are fewer features in the Mac version than in the Windows version
A non-linear video editing app for PCs and Macs, Lightworks was one of the first ones available.
Despite being popular and used by many professionals, Lightworks has a different interface from most other editing programs.
Lightworks makes learning super easy, thanks to its intuitive interface and easy learning curve.
It is, however, the interface for professionals and other experienced editors that often causes more confusion, since they are so much more used to a different kind of software.
Even if users find it difficult to learn how to use Lightworks, there are resources available. Support and online education have proven successful with users, and many video editors choose Lightworks for short ads and video clips.
You’ll have to look elsewhere if you want professional video editing software with features such as video stabilization, splitting, and merging. These features aren’t available with Lightworks.
- Beginners will find it easy to learn
- It is easy to find support in the forums
- Short ads and video clips work great with this
- Experienced video editors have difficulty adapting
- There is no video stabilization feature
- Splitting and merging are not available
3. VSDC Video Editor
VSDC is a free video editing program that you can use to clean up your GoPro videos. As compared to other GoPro editors on this list, VSDC does a better job at editing GoPro footage than most.
There are features such as the ability to cut and merge video files, add soundtracks to your videos, add additional text to your videos, and convert your videos between different formats.
- 360-degree video editing.
- Software with low system requirements that can be installed on outdated and weak computers.
- Inexperienced users might find it challenging to navigate. Acquainting yourself with the interface may take a few days.
- This option is best for users who don’t want to spend a lot of money on a video editor, but are comfortable learning its features and interface.
This slideshow maker and video editing application will enable you to transform your favorite pictures into a unique movie.
The app offers a variety of filters, transitions, and text settings. Users who use Videoshop’s advanced features (tilt shift, color adjustment, etc.) will be able to make slideshows that look professional.
There are many social networks where you can share your video, such as Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and boost your business.
For all the advanced features of Videoshop, you’ll probably have to upgrade to the Pro edition. Videoshop’s basic version is free, but its pro edition has all the advanced features.
- There are many professional options available
- Music Library contains more than 700,000 licensed song samples
- Advanced features of the Pro version are only included in the paid version
- The interface cannot be customized
Any beginner would have no problems using VideoPad’s simple interface. This video stabilizer is lightweight and designed for iPhone and iPad. You might have to make in-app purchases to get rid of the constant ads.
- Supports a wide range of file formats
- Upload directly to YouTube and Facebook
- Create a Blu-ray disc
- Interface that is simple to use
- Purchases can be made in the app
Video editors who upload content to Instagram will love InShot, a great video editor app.
Not only does it come with cool effects and features like video speed control, transition effects, advanced editing tools, and video filters, but it is also free to download for iOS and Android devices.
Additionally, Pro subscriptions let you share videos without watermarks and remove ads.
- You can start by creating a video, photo, or collage on the homepage.
- Edit photos and videos on Instagram, YouTube, and more.
- Create a collage by combining, splitting, merging, flipping, or rotating video clips.
- The InShot timeline allows you to easily sync sound and video using music, sound and video effects, photo and video filters, and voiceovers. Easily adjust the volume for both the audio and visual parts of your final product.
- Watermarks appear automatically in all video content.
- The editing screen and downloading of filters and screens include advertisements.
- The most professional productions may not need some effects that are whimsical or cartoonish.
KineMaster is an incredibly intuitive video editing tool with a well-designed interface, a broad scope of features, and a great user experience. Depending on your preference, you can make the videos you need.
Using KineMaster is very straightforward: you simply need to pick the content you want to include in your video in the order you need it and add a title to the end result.
Your video will then include an introduction, and you can choose a general topic for it. That said, you can always edit your content in greater depth, if that is what you want to do.
In KineMaster, you can save your project in different quality levels directly to your device after editing. But that’s not all. You can transfer the video to your Facebook or YouTube account directly from the application.
- Editing 4K videos.
- There is a stock of music, fonts, stickers, etc. in the app.
- Designed for beginners with a simple user interface.
- Direct uploading to YouTube and social media.
- The watermark can only be removed with a premium account.
- Users say that not all updates result in positive changes: sometimes, updates make it harder to use the app.
This concludes my list of the best video editing apps, if you have any comments or questions about any of these apps, please feel free to share them in the comment section below.